The Honors Program welcomes admission applications from both entering first-year and transfer students. Prospective students should visit the following pages for more information on applying to the Honors Program:
Information for First-Year Applicants
Information for Transfer Applicants
Students who participate in the Honors Program LLC are required to live in HP housing in Eighth Street Apartments for their first year (first semester only for spring transfer students). After the first year, rising second year students have the option of living in Honors Program housing or off-campus (refer to the information for first-year students). Transfer students and all other upper-year students are offered housing on a first come, first served basis. We are able to accommodate many–but not all–upper-year students who would like to live in HP housing, but it is not required beyond the first year. Watch this video for more information about the Eighth Street Apartments!
Please note that you can only be a member of ONE living learning community (Explore, First Year Semester Abroad, Global Leadership, Grand Challenges, Honors Program) on campus. First year students who participate in the iGniTe Summer Launch program can still apply to be join the Honors Program.
Following is information to assist with the roommate and room selection process.
- For information on housing rates for Eighth Street East and South, go to the Housing and Residence Life website.
- For a step-by-step guide on how to use the "My Housing" portal to select HP housing, go to the housing application guide.
- For a step-by-step guide on how to find a roommate, go to the housing roommate search guide.
- For a step-by-step guide on the room self-assignment process in the "My Housing" portal, go to the housing self-assignment guide.
- Got more questions about HP housing? See our FAQs about the Honors Program. You can also contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life by email or phone (404.894.2470).